Fixed price visit visa applications.
You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:
- you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
- you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
- you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
For all details, you should read the Visitor Immigration Rules.
Who can apply for a Marriage visa?
In order to get a marriage visa, you have to prove that:
- you are 18 or over
- you are free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival
- you are in a genuine relationship
- you are visiting the UK for less than 6 months
- you are leaving the UK at the end of your visit
- you are able to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friends
- you are able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey
How long can I stay in the UK on a Marriage visa?
You can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.
How do I apply?
You need to apply online for a Marriage visa. You will need to apply from outside the UK, before you travel here.
How long does it take to get a visa?
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
What can I do whilst I am in the UK on a Marriage Visa?
On a Marriage visa, you’re allowed to:
- marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival (you must use a venue licensed for this purpose)
- pass through the UK in transit (on your way to another country)
- study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit
Is there anything I cannot do whilst I am in the UK?
You are not allowed to:
- access public funds
- bring in family members (‘dependants’) - they must apply separately
- live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
- extend your visa or switch to another visa
- work, except for permitted activities related to your work or business overseas, such as attending meetings
- study for more than 30 days - studying cannot be the main reason for your visit
Which documents will I need to apply?
You will need to supply:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live
- details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - you should not pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
You can also supply the following to support your application:
- details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs
- proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example a booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue.
Is there a cost?
Yes. It costs just under £100 to apply for a marriage visa.
I had a very good discussion with Seraphus. They succeeded in making me feel better and less anxious about the whole process. Thank you for providing a service at a reasonable price, it provides peace of mind about what my time in this country will be.