Legal Services. The Smart Way.

Fixed price from the comfort of your own home.

Stacks Image 7

Graduate Route

The Graduate Route enables international students to remain in the UK to work, or look for work, for two years (three years for doctoral students) after they have completed their studies.

The Graduate Route is designed to give international students flexibility and time to find a suitable job should they wish to remain in the UK after their studies. It does not form a path to settlement in the UK.

Who can apply for status under the Graduate Scheme?
All international students who have successfully completed a degree (or other permitted qualification) at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance, and who have valid Student (or Tier 4) permission at the time of application, can apply from 1 July 2021 onwards.

What are the requirements?
The Graduate Route is unsponsored, meaning that applicants do not need a job offer in order to be eligible. There is no minimum salary requirements nor caps on numbers. All that is required is a degree at bachelors level equivalent or higher from an approved Higher Education Provider.

How long can I stay in the UK on a Graduate Route visa?
Normally, the Graduate Route visa is for two years after graduation. If you did a PhD in the UK, you may be granted the right to stay in the UK for three years instead of two.

What can I do on a Graduate Route visa?

You can work at any job, for any salary flexibly, switch jobs and develop their career as required. Note that the Graduate Route does not lead to settlement; in order to settle in the UK, Graduates will have to move into another visa category such as as the Skilled Worker route (insert link) - which does lead to settlement - once they meet the requirements.

Is there a fee?
Yes. Applicants will be expected to pay a visa fee of £700 as well as the Immigration Health Surcharge at the full rate of £624 per year.

Can my family stay with me in the UK whilst I am on a Graduate Route visa?

Individuals who already have permission as a dependant of students applying on this route can apply to extend their permission as a dependant accordingly. New dependants, however, are not permitted on this route.

I had a very good discussion with Seraphus. They succeeded in making me feel better and less anxious about the whole process. Thank you for providing a service at a reasonable price, it provides peace of mind about what my time in this country will be.


Contact us

If you have any questions about our services or you would like to instruct us to represent you with your application or appeal please get in contact with us now.

We use cookies on this site to improve your experience. We only use anonymous cookies so we'll assume you are OK with this. Read our 'Extras' section for more details.